Disclaimer

I do not write well, I do not play music well, I do however enjoy mumbling about the music that I listen to.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

John Haughm - +46 17' 36​.​30", -124 4' 20​.​13"


This seven inch one sided single vinyl is limited to 500 hundred hand numbered copies (I got number 460). Put out by Anthem Records, I also bought it from the Anthem Records shop, and although they did not get any Record Store Day releases in, they were discounting all their vinyl by 20%. This release is very experimental, however it is not harsh or too out there. I think almost anyone could sit through the five minute track & possibly even enjoy it. I am fascinated by numbers & how they work, but, I am absolutely horrible at solving math. Because of this fascination the coordinates that make up the track name caught my attention immediately. What made me pick up the record instead of passing by it, other than the coordinates was the interesting photograph that is on the cover, a photo taken by NASA of clouds. When the clerk saw me looking at it and gave it a good word, I was sold. Even if you do not have a turntable I recommend this vinyl, just looking at the cover and reading the extensive liner notes about it is worth the seven dollars (or you can download the mp3 and look at the photo online). You can listen to, and buy the mp3 if you enjoy it here. Whooshing and looping guitars make up this beautiful track. Instruments and equipment used: Fender Deluxe Reverb / Travis Bean 10005 / Nova Delay / Loop Station / Mac Book Pro. Enjoy the free listen even if you do not purchase it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment