Disclaimer

I do not write well, I do not play music well, I do however enjoy mumbling about the music that I listen to.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

"They’re here to shake the foundations."

The Quakers get their name comes from earthquake, a 35 member Hip-hop group that focuses on three producers: Fuzzface, 7-Stu-7 and Katalyst. You can read more about them here
I love instrumental music, Jazz, Classical, Hip-hop beats, Noise, Electronic ect. so it goes without saying that when amazing producers and composers make music with lyrics I love when they release the instrumentals of the original songs. Normally this takes months or years to come out with the instrumental only albums, but Quakers are releasing their debut album with both the original and instrumental versions 2 CD or 2LP  formats. Split evenly originals on one disc instrumentals on the other. 
From what I have heard from them the music is amazing. Touching on Big Band Horn Jazz, Electronic, to everyday Hip-hop. I pride them for being creative and finding a wide array of rappers, but sometimes I don't want to here someone rapping about stuff I don't care about, let the music speak. Poetry in music is creative, encouraging, and inspiring, it has its time and place. With Quakers they are letting us choose what we are in the mood for. Check out a few of their tracks here, if you like what you hear, buy the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment