Disclaimer

I do not write well, I do not play music well, I do however enjoy mumbling about the music that I listen to.

Monday, March 19, 2012

I Bleed.

Smoke of Oldominion's debut solo album "Bleed", was released in 2006. Dwelling in Lynnwood Washington, not a place where a lot of Hip-Hop is being produced, it did not sell many copies.
This release is very unique, I haven't really heard a sound like Smoke's. The album is almost perfect in my mind, excluding one song, "Played yourself", not a bad song, but not a good song, it normally gets skipped when I listen to the album. The album travels through many genres, Hip-Hop, Drum & Bass, Rock, Experimental. His lyrics touch on, his walk with God, fake rappers, politics, also struggles with drug addiction and being freed from the bondage of that lifestyle.  The entire album can be listened to here. My favorite songs are, the title track Bleed, Fog on the shoreGutter PsalmFlower Venom, and Lullaby.
It seems as if the album in CD format is out of print, however, I have found a couple of overpriced copies available through Amazon, also some German company HHV sells it. Take the time to listen to the songs I listed  above, if not the entire album, I doubt you will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment