Disclaimer

I do not write well, I do not play music well, I do however enjoy mumbling about the music that I listen to.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Seeds"

"Seeds" a new collaboration from The Beat Konducta, Madlib and Georgia Anne Muldrow. Madlib's musical output is ridiculous, just last year he released nearly 6 albums and 6 mix tapes while still working on side projects and his Jazz group(s) Yesterdays New Quintet. But this project will be his first full length release with a female artist. Georgia Anne is a great producer in her own right, however for this release she has given full production responsibility's to Madlib so she can focus on the vocals. This is the first time she has ever given up this role! “Not handling production and focusing strictly on the lyrics and vocals was a very different experience for me. It was as if I walked into someone else’s world and built a hut. But I’m very proud of the hut we built and am excited about the release.” –Georgia Anne Muldrow
With both of these seasoned musicians trying something they have never done before makes this upcoming release more exciting. Check out these two tracks, Seeds and Husfriend from the 7" they released earlier this month. It sounds like they are both at their best for this one. I can't wait to hear the LP which is set for release on March 27th 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment